Neurologics Consulting LLC
Dee Edmonson, RN, Sr. Fellow BCIAC EEG
2317 Coit Road, Suite C
Plano, Texas 75075
Neurologics provides solutions by combining traditional methodologies alongside non-traditional therapeutic practices to provide unique care protocols, materials and instruction in an integrative approach to health enhancement. It may be time to make some proactive choices regarding the level of harmony to be found in family life and relations. Prolonged anxiety can have a major impact on your immune system and your life. Does a learning difficulty, ADD, test anxiety, anger, or autism effect you or someone close to you? Is stress a problem in your life that requires a long term answer?
Neurologics Consulting, LLC, a private practice since 2004 was created to provide services to clients and families needing additional assistance beyond or adjunctive to EEG Biofeedback. The mission of the practice is to offer programs and training to both children and adults to mitigate stress and anxiety and assist parents and caregivers in directing financial expenditure for comprehensive treatment.
Neurologics was established to assist families and individuals with comprehensive care. Dee Edmonson has helped 1000s of clients and family members achieve their health and well-being goals and enhance their quality of life.
Integrative neurotherapist Dee Edmonson, RN, Senior Fellow BCIAC-EEG, Board Certified Neurotherapist, specializes in the treatment of traumatic brain injury, attention disorder, addiction, depression, and stress/anxiety, she works with clients on a partnership basis incorporating conventional and alternative modalities to maximize the body/mind’s natural healing potential. She has been Director, Neurotherapy Services at Neurotherapy Center of Plano since 1999. With its closing in September 2012, Dee transitioned her private practice to Neurologics Consulting LLC, where she continues as the principal neurotherapist.
Dee has extensive experience in the fields of cardiology, neurology, and psychiatry, and a lifelong interest in the psycho-physiology of breath. Her career experience includes developing innovative clinical programs for hospitals, consulting for medical equipment manufacturers, and serving as health and well being educator in areas of neurology and heart disease. She has been the recipient of an American Heart Association – Leadership Award, Southwest Dallas County.
- Stress management
- Coherent Breathing with biofeedback
- Heart rate variability heart rate variability - HRV (One on One Assisted Sessions)
- EEG Biofeedback Neurotherapy
- The Listening Program (auditory processing disorders)
- Individual session work
- Family sessions for selected stress management skills
- On-site consultations
With colleague, Stephen Elliott, Dee is a pioneer and avid investigator into the science of Coherent Breathing for mental and emotional health and well being. She is a contributing author to:
- The New Science Of Breath - Coherent Breathing For Autonomic Nervous System Balance, Health, And Well-being (2005)
- Coherent Breathing - The Definitive Method - Theory And Practice (2007)
Dee has also presented numerous papers and presentations to The International Society For Neurofeedback And Research (ISNR) and The Association Of Applied Psychophysiology And Biofeedback (AAPB) including:
- A New Science Of Breathing (Elliott, Edmonson, 2006)
- Respiration, Arterial Pressure, Heart Rate Variability, And Autonomic Nervous System Governance - Theory And Practice (Elliott, Edmonson, 2007)
Respiratory Arterial Pressure Wave - Cardiopulmonary Mechanics Behind The Heart Rate Variability Cycle (Elliott, Edmonson, 2008)
- The Valsalva Wave (Elliott, Edmonson, 2009)
- Heart Rate Variability, Coherent Breathing, and Alpha Asymmetry (Baehr, Riss, Edmonson, 2009)
Memberships and provider permissions:
- International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR)
- Association of Applied Psychophysiology And Biofeedback (AAPB)
- Board Certified in EEG-Biofeedback (BCIAC-EEG Biofeedback/BCN)
- Heartmath: 1:1 Provider
- The Listening Program
- Advanced Brain Technology - Authorized Provider
- Pioneer in Coherent Breathing for mental and emotional health
Please contact Dee Edmonson of Neurologics for detailed information.
Mastercard & Visa Accepted
Biofeedback Certification Institute of America
An instrument that detects, measures, and records electrical potentials on the scalp, these being representative of the electrical activity of the brain.
Also "neurofeedback" or "EEG biofeedback" - involves monitoring and feeding back information pertaining to brainwaves for the purpose of aiding a person in modifying their psycho-physiological state.
Heart Rate Variability (HRV):
The rate at which the heartbeat rate changes. HRV biofeedback involves monitoring and feeding back information pertaining to the heart rate variability cycle for the purpose of aiding a person in modifying their psycho-physiological state.
Neurophysiologic Assessment (NPA):
Generally, the assessment of central nervous system state via electroencephalographic techniques.
|SMR (low beta)
||deep meditation; sleep
back to top
Copyright 2006 Neurologics * All rights reserved * Neurologics is a trademark of Neurologics Consulting LLC